Education: Undergraduate with honors (cum-laude) at Federal University of Rio de Janeiro in Electronic and Computer Engineering, involved in several entrepreneurship initiatives in Brazil and Israel, Daniel is currently studying towards his MSc. in Biomedical Engineering at Technion Institute of Technology.
Languages: Portuguese, English, Spanish, Hebrew
Passionate for Engineering, Medical Area, Entrepreneurship, Startups and Creativity.
LinkedIN Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-dahis-20062868/
Experience Description: Experience in: Business Planning, Product Management, Biomedical Engineering (Imaging techniques) and Electrical Engineering.
- Msc. – Biomedical Engineering Student at Technion, Israel. (2017-Present)
- Thesis: “INTRACRANIAL THERMAL MONITORING USING ULTRASONIC CODED EXCITATIONS”
Bsc – Electronic and Computer Engineering at Federal University of Rio de Janeiro Cum Laude , Brazil. (2010-2016)
- Ranked as the 2nd student at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro selection Test for Electrical Engineering Studies at (2009).Honors
- Ranked as the 1st student on the change course Exam (Electrics to Electronics) (2012).
- Ranked as the 8th student on the selection test of the State University of Rio de Janeiro-Electric Engineering (2009).
- Teaching Assistant , Technion (Winter Semester 2017- Present) – Israel
- Principles of Signal Processing Lab (Spring Semester 2017)
- Medical Imaging –Ultrasound Lab (Winter Semester 2017)
- Ultrasound CT application Lab (Winter Semester 2017)
- Digital Sistems Lab (Winter Semester 2017)
- Management and build-up, Expan Real State Agency: (2016) – Brazil
- Worked together with the CEO of Expan Imoveis Real Estate agency from Rio de Janeiro on the complete redesign of the company. The activities developed were many including changing all the team, implementing a new way of thinking following the company “big dream” – Be the best and major Real Estate agency from Brazil, developing goals and metrics to measure the company`s results and much more.
- Research Assistant at UFRJ: Using MLS systems for Audio Exams (2015 – 2016) – Brazil
- Daniel enrolled in a Research together with Phd. Mauricio Cagy , at LAPIS Lab UFRJ , in order to optimize audio Exams. They are trying to apply the MLS method using pseudo-random signals to faster the audio testing exam time. It is hoped to faster it in about 6 times. They currently are using Raspberry PI, Signal Processing Theory and Hardware creation.
- KPI`s and Business Intelligence Internship, Anheuser-Busch Inbev (2015) – Brazil
- Daniel interned at Ambev on the APR area. This area is responsible for leveraging productivity and Pricing KPI`s. Besides, as a strategic area, Daniel together with his team develops several researches and strategic report`s in order to improve the company`s indicators and results. Daniel was responsible for a project that looked forward to increase the daily sold beverages volume. Estimated increase in revenues was to +$5M.
- Co-founder , Iaffo Shirts (2014-2015) – Brazil
- Daniel was the co-founder of Iaffo, a platform where you can customize your on photos creating awesome t-shirts and selling them for the community. If you have a smartphone, you are already a creator.
- Project Manager Internship, OLABI: Makerspace and (2014) – Brazil
- Daniel worked as technology project manager at Olabi company: the first makerspace at Rio de Janeiro, a innovation consultancy that offers several robotic and electronics projects to their custumers. Daniel was responsible to develop new projects. One of his works was the Kids Code Course that was published on the local journals and continues to work until today (2017).
- Entrepreneurship Internship, 21212 Accelerator (2014) – Brazil
- Daniel worked at “21212”, the biggest digital startup accelerator from Brazil. Daniel was part of the Business Strategy and Acceleration Teams, working towards the improvement of the results of the startups accelerated there.
- Medical Device Internship , MobileODT. (2014) – Israel
- In an Internship program to Israel, Daniel worked and help building the prototype of the medical device of the company.
- Research Assistant at UFRJ: Modeling Breast Cancer (2012-2013) – Brazil
- Daniel worked on a research in the Signal Processing area at UFRJ University. Together with Phd. Ricardo Merched, Daniels goal was to find a cheaper and less-invasive technology which can help on the detection of the breast cancer- using an adaptive filtering algorithm.
- Eliezer Steinberg School Math and Physics Teacher Assistant (2012) – Brazil
- Worked for “Eliezer Steinberg Max Nordau” School as a math/physics monitor. Math and Physics particular Professor also.
- English – Advanced Proficiency
- Hebrew – Fluent
- Spanish – Fluent
- Portuguese – Mother Tongue
- Computer Programming Languages : Python, C,Swift(very basic), Java HTML (basic), CSS (basic), SQL, Python,MATLAB, Android Development
- Arduino, Beaglebone Microcontrollerand Internetof Things
- 3DS Medical Hackathon at Technion (2017)
- Biomedical Hackathon – MEDX Accelerator, Tel Aviv (2017)
- “Do it or Doit” ; Endeavor EntrepreneurshipCourse; Endeavor(2014)
- Innovationand EntrepreneurshipCourse ; Tel Aviv(2014)
- Youth Leadership; Tel Aviv(2011)
- Leadership; MachonLeMadricheiChul; (2011)
- Started on 2 an OnlineCourse of AndroidMobiledevelopment.
- Graduated of “Cultura Inglesa” English Course (2009).
- PETCertificate, of Cambridge.
- Course “HatzadHasheni “-Public Diplomacy (June of 2012 and June of 2013).
- Assuta Hospital: Department of Imaging (2017) Clustering MRI data for Parkinson disease diagnosis. The project involved the development of a MATLAB software that would help physicians interpret more easily MRI Brain scans.
- Rede D`or Hospitals Innovation Lab: (2015) Develop a way to manage the access and locations of patients and physicians inside hospitals. He worked with Beaglebone hardware chip and RFID devices.
- Sao Jose Hospital Imaging Team Database: (2015) Together with the Imaging Chief of the Hospital Dr. Ilan Gottlieb, in order to develop an easy database to save the patients case for further research and analysis.
- Olabi Makerspace Coding School: (2014-2015) Developed from the concept to action of the first coding course for kids in Rio de Janeiro. It was a great success and got into the newspapers! And the school is growing and growing. Links: http://oglobo.globo.com/rio/bairros/templo-coworking-oferece-curso-de-programacao-para-criancas-15173541
Voluntary Community Services
- Presidentfor 6 months of the Young ZionistFederationof Rio de (6/13-2/14)
- Volunteer from 2005 to 2012 on “Chazit Hanoar”, Jewish youth movement, NGO which works with non-formal education .From the same NGO, worked as a ManagementDirector,leading a groupof 70
- WorkedfortheJewishAgency,givinga courseaboutthe“Knesset” to Jewishstudentsof“Liessin” School.
- Worked as a volunteer with mental-disabledpeople for oneyear (2008).