Languages: English & Tamil
Current Company: Federation University Australia
Current Position: Research Scientist & Program Coodinator
MentorSelector is delighted to welcome Dr Balasubramanian to our platform. For more information on Dr Balasubramanian, please refer to the LinkedIn link above which includes the following experience listed:
- Research Scientist & Program Coordinator for Information Systems – Federation University Australia
- ON Prime2 Research Team – part of the ON accelerator, powered by CSIRO – CSIRO
- Technical Officer / Research Engineer – RMIT University
- Core member and the lead architect and developer for the Australian National Data Services (ANDS) projects.
- Metadata / Data Administrator for eResearch Office.
- Designed and developed data curation protocol to harvest the data produced through physics simulation software.
- Designed and developed user interface to support OAI-PMH protocol from ANDS to update the Research Data Archive in oder to seed the commons.
- Designed and developed harvesting protocol stack of the MyTardis application to support data curation.
- Architect and designed the work flow of the software for “Climate Smart Seaport” application.
- Published and presented an extended abstract and posters in eResearch Australasia Conference 2011 and 2012.
- System Analyst / Software Engineer – University of Sydney
- Core member of the Technical Team in eScholarship Repository at Fisher Library, University of Sydney, Australia
- Mainly involve in the design and development of research papers/articles import to meet the Australian government specified Research Quality Framework (RQF)
- Integrated the proprietary software with the Dspace using Samba shares
- Designed and developed various Unix scripts for batch imports and for monitoring submission.
- Developed J2EE APIs to access SAMBA share which contains the submitted research articles.
- Research Assistant – Southern Cross University
- Mainly responsible for research and development of context aware computing and mobile web engineering
- Analysis of various adaptive techniques of web pages for handheld devices such as mobiles, PDAs and smartphone.
- Designed an automatic adaptive techniques for handheld devices depending on HTMLS tags
- Developed a location based application to search nearby restaurants; the application used either GPS or Cell-ID for location, which are highly used in now-a-days smartphones.
- Designed context-aware application capable of tailoring information based user’s mood.
- Research Assistant – University of Sydney
- Researcher in Advanced Networking Research Lab mainly responsible for analysis of the access mechanism of legacy IEEE 802.11
- Analysis of the enhanced access method in the upcoming IEEE 802.11e.
- Simulated the existing access method of IEEE 802.11e using ns2.
- Designed an enhanced Hybrid Coordination Function (eHCF) for IEEE 802.11e to improve the QoS for real-time traffic.
- Simulated the designed eHCF using C++ in ns2.
- Programmer – DSQ Software
- Core development team member for Pilkington – Libbey Owens Ford (PLOF) project. Mainly responsible for the development of Data Conversion Programs and for the Impact analysis and Code Conversion activities in Mainframes using COBOL, JCL, VAX COBOL, DCL, Easytrieve, and Mantis
- Deputed to BankMuscat, Muscat, Oman, for programming and testing the Card Maintenance module in their Core Banking NCR system. My responsibilities were to develop Card Maintenance Programs, to do Impact analysis and Code Conversion activities and to test online transaction programs in UNIX and AcuCOBOL,
- Design and implementation of Point of Sales (PoS) for a Retail Outlet executing for DSQ Software Limited using Micro Focus COBOL in DOS 6.2