Education: University of Wollongong - Bachelor of Arts - Sociology and Industrial Relations Edx - Curtin University - MicroMasters in Human Rights
LinkedIN Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/harvey-purse-052a6061/
Current Company: Oxfam Cambodia
Current Position: Fair Finance Influencer
Experience Description: Advocate/campaigner/organiser/project leader/networker with experience in the public sector, private sector, trade union and non-government sectors. My most recent employment has been under contract with Oxfam Australia as Corporate Accountability and Fair Trade Advisor prior to this I have worked in various capacities within the Australian Services Union to reinforce and broaden campaigning, organising and project management base and successfully managed the Australian Fair Trade Network (AFTINET) and its Trade Justice campaign, with particular emphasis on international development. I have extensive Commonwealth and State public service experience over more than 14 years, working for the then Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Ethnic Affairs, Centrelink and Sydney Water. My private sector experience in the entertainment industry and landscape industry provided me with direct experience of operating within a private sector setting.
Meet in Person
I am an advocate/campaigner/organiser/project leader/networker with experience in the public sector, private sector, trade union and non-government sector.
My passion is improving the treatment of workers and communities particularly where corporations operate in developing countries. Providing advice to improve and analyse supply chains and identifying opportunities within local communities.
I also have a particular interest and high level of understanding of Fair Trade Systems including the World Fair Trade Organisation (WFTO) and Fair Trade Labelling Organisation (FLO). I am very familiar with other labelling and standards systems such as UTZ, Rainforest Alliance, Ecocert, Fair for Life, Fair Trade USA and Small Producers Symbol.
My skills include:
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills and management incorporating, Social Media experience – design, strategy and maintenance, Media and Public relations, Public speaking
- Development of training material
- Policy development and Research Skills
- Community organisation
- Extensive trade union experience
- Knowledge and understanding of international relations, international trade policy and aid and development policy
- Understanding and knowledge of Corporate Social and Sustainability reporting, systems, standards, implementation, review and advocacy.
- Relationship building and key relationship management skills
- Political Liaison, lobbying and relationship building