Education: University of Cape Town - Operations Management and Supervision University of Cape Town - Project Management N.O.S.A. - SAMTRAC N.O.S.A - INCIDENT INVESTIGATION . G.S.A. - Marketing Middle Management. ASSIMANG - SUPERVISOR COURSE SMPP CBM - 5 DAY MANAGEMENT COURSE COMPLIANCE INSTITUTE OF SOUTHERN AFRICA 1. - CRMP 2.- INTRO INTO COMPLIANCE 3.- MONITORING INSTITUTE OF DIRECTORS SOUTH AFRICA - BEING A DIRECTOR 1.- INTRODUCTION TO CORPORATE GOVERNANCE 2.- BOARDS ROLE IN RISK AND STRATEGY 3.- BOARDS ROLE IN, PERFORMANCE & SUSTAINABILITY, INTEGRATED REPORTING & COMBINED ASSURANCE 4.- INCREASING BOARD EFFECTIVENESS & ADDING VALUE INTERACTIVE MANAGEMENT CONFINED SPACES TRAINING MILITARY S.A.NAVY - LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT TRAINING
I currently consult with S.M.M.E.`s on startup strategy and systems implementation. I will become more involved in endangered wildlife conservation as the year progresses I manage and run a number of ventures at board level.
LinkedIN Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/leon-malan-7115a0144/
Current Company: Jabez Holdings
Current Position: Director
Experience Description: I have 45 years plus of management experience in various fields of endeavor, and this has distilled into an understanding of the human capital aspect of business and commerce.
Meet in Person
Entrepreneur, Company Director, Management, Corporate Governance, Compliance & Risk Management.
- A wealth of experience gained over many years in General Operations Management in locations as diverse as deep rural Congo to far northern Mozambique and corporate Johannesburg, I am as comfortable on an Airport Apron as I am around a board room table, a difficult construction site or in an operations center.
- Have amassed operations management experience through the years and have formalised this with a certificate from U.C.T. in which I achieved a 91% pass.
- Although not a project manager I have however learned the skill over the years and have also formalised this with a certificate from U.C.T. achieving a 77% pass.
- One of my strengths is my adaptability and I easily fit into any number of management scenarios. My greatest strength is the ability to work hands-on with my teams without micromanaging them.
- Firm, but good-natured and fair and always lead by example. I’m good at delegating and always encourage honest feedback.
- Very strong sense of responsibility, as well as the maturity and strength of character required to deliver under pressure.
- Having spent 10 years in the navy, I value discipline, as well as camaraderie. I can braai prawns and shoot the breeze on an isolated beach with colleagues from diverse backgrounds, but am known to wield the axe as and when necessary.
- My work is meticulous and my previous employers will confirm that I achieve the optimum results within the scope of work.
- Add value to the organization by bringing my management experience to the task at hand and by ensuring through meticulous management and leadership that the optimum results are obtained as per the scope of work.
- Member of the Institute of Directors S.A. and the Compliance Institute of Southern Africa, and have completed a number of courses through these institutions to develop and grow as a senior manager.
- My age is only an indication of my experience and ability, I have a very strong sense of responsibility and maturity.
- I have a broad Entrepreneurial streak running through me, and always look for an opportunity.
Coaching, Mentoring, Business Education.
I have received and am receiving Business, Entrepreneurship and Directorship mentoring and training from a number of American mentors and trainers, amongst others, Dr. Nido Qubein, George Ross,Dr. Steven Maranville and Angelo Kehayas. I have attended numerous seminars on business management and directorships where the speakers amongst others have been the likes of Mark Norcross, JT Foxx etc.