Education: Master Degree - Financial Engineering (University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) - Chemistry and Biochemistry Department -Biophysics focus, Grade A (University of California)
Activities and Societies - American Chemical Society Ph.D thesis - Conformational Studies on the Interaction of the bio-active peptides with the receptors. Authored more than 10 papers in the top peer-reviewed Journals.
LinkedIN Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lizhang1969/
Current Company: Tesla
Current Position: Operations lead
We are delighted to have Ms Zhang on MentorSelector. For more information on Ms Zhang’s experience, please refer to the LinkedIn link which includes the following profile narrative and experience:
Financial modeling, structuring M&A deals; optimize the capital structure by restructuring different tranches of debts, private equity research for the fixed income portfolio, and scientific research in Pharmaceutical/Biotech Industry.
• Financial Professional with extensive experience in a wide variety of finance, accounting and tax functions, ranging from building financial model for IPO and M&A transactions to balance sheets and operating data reconciliations, and restructuring company’s capital structure to have the most efficient ROI.
• Responsibilities included building financial, statistical models and working directly with clients and cross functionally with Ernst & Young CPAs, attorneys, and staff.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, effective comprehension and communication skills and has been the interface between the company and the investors at Stella & Dot, LLC.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment, and work well independently.
• Five years’ Pharma industry research experience, and has been trained with critical thinking, academic writing, and strong technical skills.
- Tax Operations Lead – Tesla (San Francisco, CA)
- Global Tax Manager – Stella & Dot LLC (Brisbane, CA)
- Manager – Partnership Transaction Planning & Economics Group – Ernst & Young (San Francisco, CA)
- Senior Consultant – Economics Transaction and Planning Advisory – Ernst & Young (San Francisco, CA)
- Research Analysts – Mellon Capital Management Corporation – A BNY Mellon Company (San Francisco, CA)
- Research Scientist – Roche (Palo Alto, CA) (2001-2006)
- Work closely with medicinal chemists on both structural and ligand based drug discovery projects. Involved in both new lead discovery and optimization projects.
- Awarded one U.S. Patent and contributed significantly to a drug candidate which went into clinical trials.