Education: MBA in Finance, MAcc in Forensic Accounting
Languages: Russian, Arabic, English
FINRA Series 7 tutor, Upper level Math and Finance.
LinkedIN Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-hamze-a5046859
Current Position: Consultant & Trainer
Hello folks, my name is Michael Hamze. I have a financial services practice partnering with New York Life here in Greenville, SC.
My practice focuses on working with individuals and businesses on becoming financially secure by helping them with savings, protection, and estate planning needs.
- Executive Masters in Accountancy, Forensic Accounting Concentration (May 2018)
- MBA in Finance, Executive Masters in Business Administration, Concentration in Corporate Finance and Investments (May 2011)
Florida Atlantic University (FAU), Boca Raton, FL
- Bachelors of Science in Business Administration, Operations Management Track (May 1998)
University of South Carolina Upstate, Spartanburg, SC
FINANCE and ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE:
- Senior Academic Tutor in Accounting, Finance, Math (2013-2017)
Student Support Services, the TRIO Program; One-to-One Tutoring
Greenville Technical College, Greenville, SC
* Assist students to understand their various subject matters and pass their respective courses. Explore potential resources with students, personal and academic, to help students find solutions to their problems. Coordinate with Accounting, Finance and Economic instructors/departments for the benefit of students. Help students focus on long-term goals, financial and academic, for their transfer to four-year institutions.
* Held workshops in accounting before major tests. Recognized by students and faculty for achieving outstanding results as in, mostly, excellent letter-grades.
- Adjunct Instructor of Finance (2014 – 2017)
Southern Wesleyan University, Greenville, SC
* Teach Upper level Corporate Finance Courses at the undergraduate level, Time Value of Money, Net Present Value (NPV), Future and Present Value of Money, Capital Budgeting, Capital Expenditures, MACRS Calculations, IRR Calculations, Other ratios for managerial and financial decision making
- Finance Advisory Board Member (2012 – 2013)
City of Lake Worth, FL
* Advised the city council. Studied the proposed city capital expenditure projects (CAPEX) for the purpose of upgrading the character of the city in general, the downtown and the beach/casino in particular. Advised accordingly in lieu of city budgeting while taking into consideration involving the general public in the conversation.
- Financial Advisor/Registered Representative (2011 – 2012)
AXA Advisors & MetLife, Inc., WPB, FL
* Advised and implemented financial plans for clients in regards to retirement, investments and Insurance instruments
* Selected Tax-preferred financial vehicles for businesses; analyzed financial needs for business succession planning
* Coordinated with other professionals estate planning needs for wealthy individuals
Microsoft Project; Advanced Excel; Access; Word; PowerPoint; SAP ERP; AccessData: Forensic Toolkit (FTK), FTK Imager, Password Recovery Toolkit (PRTK), Registry Viewer; Audit Command Language (ACL) computerized auditing using ACL data analytics
HONORS & ACTIVITIES
- National Dean’s List
USCU Transfer Scholarship, Treasurer University Business Society
- FAU MBA Scholarship, Florida Atlantic University
- Volunteer, Diversity Faculty and Staff Trainer NCBI International- Greenville Technical College