Education: PhD, FRICS, MCIP, Cert. Ed., (Ontario-Registered Urban & Regional Planner, Ontario-Licensed Realtor, Chartered Valuation Surveyor & Educator).
Languages: English and Yoruba
Have mentored Chartered Valuation Surveyors, Urban Planners and Research Scholars
LinkedIN Profile: http://ca.linkedin.com/in/jacobbabarinde
Current Company: Papua New Guinea University of Technology
Current Position: Professor
Experience Description: 34 years of Higher Education, International Development and Consultancy Services in eight countries, namely: Nigeria, UK, Zambia, Canada, Namibia, Netherlands and Spain and Papua New Guinea.
Meet in Person
My name is Jacob Adejare Babarinde and I am a Nigerian-Canadian citizen.
I have a PhD in Urban and Regional Planning, with a BSc degree in Real Estate Management and Valuation and a Master’s degree in Urban & Regional Planning.
Presently, I am a Professor of Property Studies at the Papua New Guinea University of Technology in Lae, Morobe Province, Papua New Guinea. I am also an Ontario-Registered Urban & Regional Planner-Licensed Realtor and Chartered Valuation Surveyor.
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS), London, UK;
- Member of the International Society of City & Regional Planners (ISOCARP), The Hague, The Netherlands;
- Member of the Canadian Institute of Planners (MCIP);
- Member of the Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (MNITP/RTP);
- Member of the Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers (ANIVS/RSV); and
- UK-Certified Post-secondary Teacher.
I have a total of 36 years’ experience in teaching at the Higher Education level and in real estate and urban planning consultancies in eight countries, namely: Nigeria, UK, Zambia, Namibia, Canada, Papua New Guinea, Netherlands and Spain.
In view of the above, I can mentor anyone (young and old) from any part of the world.