Consumer packaged goods
Energy, Oil & Gas
Import and Export
Utilities - Gas, Water, Waste & Other
Engineering Institute of Technology - Advanced Diploma Industrial Automation, IA
Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria - HND Field Of StudyElectrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering
Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria - OND, Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering
LinkedIN Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/virtueafokwalam2015/
Current Company: National Oilwell Varco
Current Position: ICAPS, PCS Administrator, Commissioning, MIEC Manager
16 years multi-discipline experience on Installation, Commissioning operation and maintenance across manufacturing process industries, well head completion tools, EPCI EPCC service providers to Oil and Gas upstream and downstream projects, Administrator for Project completion systems such as ICAPS, WINPCS, Empegasus, Maintenance Inspection Engineering contract during EPCC projects
• Commissioning & ICAPS Lead - National Oilwell Varco (Apr 2014 - Present)
• Maintenance Inspection / Precom & Com - National Oilwell Varco (Apr 2014 - Mar 2016)
• PCC Engineer - Offshore - Subsea 7 (Aug 2013 - Mar 2014)
• Pre-comm Engr / ICAPS Administrator - SPIE Oil & Gas Services (Aug 2012 - Jul 2013)
• Heavy Duty Electrician - MacMahon (Dec 2010 - May 2012)
• Installation & Testing Engineer - TGI Group (CHI Limited) (Jan 2009 - Dec 2010)
• Installation & Line Engineer - Dangote Industries Limited (Aug 2007 - Jan 2009)
• Electronics Technician - Buddy Industrial Electronic Service Company Ltd (Nov 1998 - Dec 2004)
Meet in Person
My name is Virtue Uche Afokwalam, I am a Go-Getter, always thriving on the edge of challenging tasks and enjoy multitasking. Multi-discplined with technical experience that spans complete equipment life cycles for Utility and Electrical equipment; for Process Control; for hydraulic systems; and for Power Systems – including Gas powered generating sets, below is a summary of my technical work experience.
Immediately following my WASSCE in June 1996, I got enrolled into an Industrial Electronic Servicing Company as a Trainee for the next 2 years, during and after this period, I was trained in refrigeration and air-conditioning, process instruments installation and testing for Manufacturing industries, FMCG companies, Petroleum Depots and terminals in South-east and South-south Nigeria. I became proficient in disassembly and repairs/maintenance of transfer pumps, inspection and servicing of metering systems, earthing systems, CCTV, Fire and Gas systems while I schooled part-time in the Federal polytechnic Nekede Owerri, up until the year 2003.
I graduated from Polytechnic after studying up to Higher National Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering and served (NYSC) in Dangote group projects as an installation Engineer for 1 year, after which I was employed in same capacity for another 2 years, during which I achieved the installation, testing and commissioning of the a cement factory Kiln, two beverage process lines, one 25000 cubic meter Water Clarifier and Sediment Separator for a Water treatment Plant, One Syrup mixing system of tanks and associated utilities.
Thereafter I joined TGI Group of Companies (Manufacturing Industries/Well head Completions Services and Spare parts) and successfully completed the E&I installation, testing and Commissioning of a world Class 3,3MJoule Cold Storage facility. In the same Company, I successfully commissionined a 19 storey-high SMB – Robotic storage and retrieval racking system. Next I moved around the group to work with ROMSON Oilfield Services as OEM Installation and Testing engineer for Wellhead Completion Components. During my work with TGI Group, I worked closely with GE Genbacher for the installation, commissioning and operation of 4 units of 5MW gas turbines power generators. It lasted 8 months and I acquired valuable insight into maintenance routine of the turbines.
Since 2012, I have worked as an E&I Pre-commissioning or Commissioning engineer for Oil and gas servicing Companies and have worked in Fire-water systems, Fire and gas systems, Flare Systems, Production manifolds, Wellhead manifolds, Separators, drain systems, FSO and Oil loading Terminals, Single point moored Buoys and Turret moored Buoys.
My role as ICAPS Pre-commissioning Engineer and E&I Hook-up Preparator E&I at Obagi OML 58 project under SPIE Ltd was crucial for the successful pre-commissioning Power Systems, I managed the preparation of E&I items Task list extracted from the CMMS, Pre- commissioned F&G Subsystems and Fire Water.
My role in the OFON Phase II Basic and Detailed Engineering as ICAPS Assistant is crucial to the team, as I have background knowledge and insight into the ICSS transfer plan and strategy for the transfer and decommissioning of control signals from Existing OFP1 ICSS to the new one.
The ETLP ASABO, USARI EKPE offshore Upgrade, Tie-In and integration project was completed in 16 month starting from its detailed engineering phase. I administrated as Pre-commissioning, commisisoning and Completions Lead initial Onshore and finally went offshore for a 6 months window during which the project was successfully commissioned.
Since March 2014, I assisted the EGINA OLT Buoy project in many specialty areas; Procedure writing / Technical writing, Maintenance Inspection, spare parts management, ICAPS management, Pre-commissioning Management, Commissioning management.
My mentoring abilities will coach the student on the underlisted areas:
- FEED to Field Layout Implementation for E&I and Utility equipment
- Field Inspection and Testing techniques for E&I equipment
- Write up field testing procedures for Electrical, Instrument, Fire & Gas, Mechanical Skid Packages
- Classification of Complex plants by Systems and Subsystems
- Process and Instrument Drawing subsystem delimitation boundary mark-up
- Engineering lists processing to classify all tagged Items, Lines and Test-packs, Basic functions, pipe and vessel preparation plans
- Prepare data for population of Project Control systems database s such as ICAPS, WINPCS, Empegasus.
- Populate Access or Excel databases for management of Mechanical Completion and progress reporting
- Prepare SAP templates for CMIMS loading
- Write Preservation, Maintenance and Inspection plans
- Spare parts list preparation and vendor follow-up