New Year Resolutions – 8 tips to keep on track with your new year resolutions
New Year Resolutions have a special place in our hearts. You need to place a lot of hard work and attention to ensure that your resolutions are always fulfilled as fast as possible. Doing that is going to be trickier than you might imagine.
Why should you revisit New Year Resolutions?
The primary benefit of New Year Resolutions is that you actually get to work towards improving your life and making it better. But the reality is that it can be very hard to complete all New Year Resolutions every year. Sometimes you need to revisit the previous goals and see if they can be fulfilled this year. Plus, some New Year Resolutions are multi-year projects.
Just because you were unable to fulfil them this year, that doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t have the power to do that next year. You just need the right focus and commitment to pull through this.
How to focus and commit to your resolutions
- Pick the resolutions that aren’t completed yet by importance and how meaningful they are to you.
- Split them into smaller goals so you can start completing them one by one.
- Assess the importance of every goal and identify ways to eliminate any potential problems that appear.
How can you stay motivated with the New Year Resolutions?
It’s hard to stay focused on your New Year Resolutions throughout the entire year. You need to find some ways to motivate yourself, and here are some of the best options to focus on.
- Pick only 3 goals if possible. This way you can stop splitting your attention on so much stuff. The last thing you want is to lose track of what you want to accomplish.
- If possible, try to work on a single habit per month. Starting off gradually means you always need to keep your motivation and focus.
- Write down the resolutions and post them in visible places to remind you each day such as a bathroom mirror.
- Try to turn your resolution into a habit. By doing so, you won’t feel the pressure of completing it; you will just see it as a regular habit.
- Use a calendar to keep track of your progress. It will help you a lot, and it will totally provide you with a good insight into what you still need to complete. Plus, it makes organizing your goals a whole lot easier.
One thing is certain, tracking and managing New Year Resolutions can be a bit cumbersome at times. Yes, reaching a goal is never easy, but the satisfaction you get from fulfilling it can be well worth the effort.
To learn more about MentorSelector or to find your mentor or life coach, please click here. We are always looking for more mentors to join our family – its a great initiative that is mutually rewarding for both mentor and mentee. Register now to become a mentor or a mentee.