My experience and expertise as a scientist, executive, and mentor will save you time, provide you with the practical tools you need to be a succesful entrepreneur.
I help people make career decisions so that they can find fulfillment at work. If you’re just embarking on your career, or making a career transition, I’ll be happy to help you overcome the fear and anxiety that usually accompany those stages in life, and give you direction on how to equip yourself for the exciting career journey ahead of you. 🙂
If you already know what you want to do, I’m happy to help with job searches, resume and cover letter writing, and interview preparation. As an L&D professional, I can also assist in the development of specific skills you’ll need to succeed in the career path of your choice.
You can learn a little about me and what I’m passionate about from my TEDx talk.
Suzi Chen is a cross-disciplinary strategist specialising in futuristic thinking. In addition to her strategic work, the former medical scientist also wears multiple hats including an award-winning graphic designer, a writer and a producer. As an avid traveller, Suzi has visited more than 20 countries as far as Mongolia. In 2018, Suzi chaired and hosted an international summit on gender equality at the United Nations in New York City.
Having a broad background in retail, mainly print and pattern design for textiles, fashion, home and multi product, I can help offer advice and guidance about the industry providing my personal insight and sharing any technical knowledge.
I am a degreed chemist with a Master’s of Science in Chemistry. Subject of my Master’s Thesis was synthesis and characterization of mesoporous carbons from which I was able to produce two publications. Throughout my career I have enjoyed working in the area of process technologies where any type of research and development has pertained directly to a large scale processes in areas such as mining, catalysis, water treatment and power generation. I have also enjoyed a strong presence at professional conferences in the water treatment aspects of power generation.
As a Consultant Facilitator and Researcher for over 30 years, I have conducted lots of research and led many meetings, study groups and strategy workshops for leaders, project teams and private individuals. A diverse range of clients has included Action Homeless, the generals of the US Marine Corps, senior managers from Unilever, a group of individuals suffering from cancer, HM Prison Service and the trustees of a disaster relief charity.
Drawing on this experience, I could help you to run better meetings, to facilitate difficult conversations and to improve working relationships with colleagues or strategic partners. I specialise in helping you to rewrite plans, contemplate recurring issues and develop innovative projects.
• Domain Experience:
· Total of 16+ years experience in IT infrastructure architecture design and administration.
· Expertise in Design, automation and building Public and Private cloud infra.
· Expertise in Building IT infrastructure for Tier 3, 4 Data Center and Engineering Labs.
· Expertise in VMware ESX, Hyper-V, Redhat KVM, Oracle VM and Cloud automation.
· Expertise in EMC, IBM, Hitachi and Netapp SAN architecture design and administration.
· Expertise in Windows OS Clusters, MS SQL DB clusters and Load balanced WEB farms.
· Expertise in Windows Active Directory and Windows domain Architecture design and Implementation.
· Expertise in Disaster Recovery and BCP for Apps servers, web server farms and DB clusters.
· Expertise in IT infrastructure administration in multi platform/Operating Systems: MS Windows, Linux, Sun Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, OSX and Novell Netware.
· Expertise in architecture design and administration of Web Server Farms using Microsoft IIS, Apache, SharePoint, IBM Web Sphere and Web Logic apps servers.
· Expertise in Unified Communication, Messaging Design and administration with Microsoft Exchange Server.
· Expertise in CISCO Network design for WAN, LAN, Perimeter and cloud hosting. ·
I provide individualized support to assist leaders, managers, and individuals to develop their leadership skills, grow relationships, overcome challenges, and gain clarity to achieve their goals.